This healthy version of the popular treat features Coconut flour which is growing in popularity as more people discover the many health benefits of coconut flour nutrition.
What do you need to know about coconut flour nutrition?
Coconut flour is high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats and is free from wheat and other grains. It is also low in sugar, digestible carbohydrates and calories, and has a low score on the glycemic index.
Makes 10 pieces.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or almond/soya )
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Add everything into food processor and blend
- Roll into balls & place on baking paper
- Put into freezer for 30-60 minutes
- Coat with topping
- 1/2 a block of @whittakersnz 72% dark ghana chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (almond/soy)
- Melt ingredients together until smooth
- Using 2x spoons place balls into chocolate mixture and coat
- Place coated ball on baking paper & repeat until all balls are coated
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Enjoy!