Finding a simple and healthy dessert is often tricky! But crickey this is the winning ticket! A base packed with protein and healthy fats will replenish and build muscle. Topped with a refreshing summer zest filling, holy moly, you can’t go wrong!
Will keep in fridge for up to a week.
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- Pinch salt
- Start by soaking dates and apricots in warm water for 15 minutes and then drain
- Grease and line springform cake tin
- In food processor add all ingredients and blend till combined
- Press base into cake tin with back end of dessert spoon
- Place in freezer while making filling
- 1 x tin of coconut cream
- 1/2 cup @picspeanutbutter cashew nut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup rice syrup (alternatively honey or maple)
- 3-4 x lemons (juice and rind)
- 1 Tbsp. gelatine (dissolved in 3 Tbsp. of warm water)
- Add everything into food processor
- Blend till smooth, scraping down sides often
- Pour over base and place back into freezer for 2 hours
- Remove and cut into slices
- Devour. Hey, you’re welcome!